The Wiseman Institute of Applied Learning is a registered training organisation (RTO No. 21590) and meets the administrative, delivery, staffing, facility, marketing, financial, quality assurance and assessment standards as defined in the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
At Wiseman Institute, it is our vision to continuously improve the quality of workplace education and training through actively promoting and applying principles of applied learning – act as you learn, learn as you act. We specialise in the delivery of training to the manufacturing sector, which includes the following subsectors:
- Food processing
- Metal and engineering
- Automotive industry
- Polymer industry
- Paper industry
- Furniture and cabinet making
- Light manufacturing (TCF)
Australian workplace qualifications
Wiseman Institute offers the following accredited and nationally recognised qualifications:
- MSA51108 Diploma of Competitive Manufacturing
- TAA40104 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- MSA41108 Certificate IV in Competitive Manufacturing
- MSA30107 Certificate III in Process Manufacturing
- MEM30505 Certificate III Engineering – Technical
- TLI30107 Certificate III in Transport and Distribution
Adult training programmes for manufacturing sectors
At Wiseman Institute we are proud of our commitment to our students, who are predominantly adult students, currently employed as leaders and machine operators in companies within the manufacturing sector.
Training programmes developed by Wiseman Institute enable employed individuals to effectively integrate the world of working and the world of learning. By participating in our training programmes, our students are able to improve their generic skills and knowledge as well as specific technical skills and knowledge. These include:
- Team work
- Customer service
- Leadership skills
- IT technology
- Safety management
- Quality management
- Use of tools and equipment
- Machinery operation
- Lean manufacturing principles
- Six Sigma quality methodology
- Action research
Manufacturing education and training programmes
In Australia we have a wide range of nationally endorsed training programmes for workplace education and training. These training programmes are delivered in a partnership between the government, training providers and host companies. Wiseman Institute of Applied Learning actively promotes the following training programmes:
- Diploma of Competitive Manufacturing
- Certificate IV in Competitive Manufacturing
- Certificate III in Process Manufacturing
- Certificate III in Storage and Logistics (warehousing and storage)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Competitive manufacturing diploma
The aim of our Diploma of Competitive Manufacturing(MSA51108) training programme is to introduce competitive manufacturing concepts and processes to the manufacturing sector, such as:
- Lean manufacturing systems (value chain mapping, competitive manufacturing practices, and process improvement systems)
- Lean manufacturing tools: 5S+1, smart change-overs, cost optimisation, SCADA systems, TPM, TPM, JIT – Just in Time System, Six Sigma
- Change management
- Design and innovation process
- Leadership of manufacturing practice
- Integrated business and logistical support
Process manufacturing training programme
The aim of our Certificate III in Process Manufacturing (MSA30107) training programme is to enable employees to acquire the necessary technical and self-management skills and knowledge that will help them to excel in their current role. Equally important is the aim to help the employer acquire an additional stock of skills and knowledge, which are very important for the improvement of its business performance.
Special consideration is given to the following areas: workers’ satisfaction and the profitability of the organisation overall. Finally, this learning programme aims to create conditions that are necessary for the transformation of a company into a learning organisation. On completion of this certificate, the participant will receive a qualification that is recognised Australia-wide.
This certificate is appropriate for process workers, assistants to machine operators, machine operators and leading hands. Benefits include new skills and knowledge, better staff retention, improved occupational health and safety, and improved productivity.
Transport and logistics (warehouse and storage) training programme
The Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (warehousing and storage) is a workplace-based training programme that will provide trainees with the skills and knowledge needed to become competent in many areas of warehousing and storage operations. On completion of a certificate, the participant will receive a qualification that is recognised Australia-wide.
This certificate is appropriate for a person working as a store operator. A store operator may be responsible for stock-takes, packaging goods, product knowledge and forklift operation. The person may lead a work team or group.
The course is designed for people who want to learn how to coordinate goods for distribution to customers. You will also learn how to use inventory systems to conduct stock counts and apply product knowledge to organise the receivables and dispatches.