Asia-Pacific’s food industry saw a rise of 10% in deal activity during September 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by PAG Asia Capital’s $472m private equity deal with Patties Foods and Vesco Foods, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 33 food industry deals worth $679.5m were announced for the region in September 2022, against the 12-month average of 30 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in September 2022 with 16 transactions, representing a 48.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 15 deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 45.5% and 6.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s food industry with $472.06m, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $118.69m and $88.71m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific food industry deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for 78.9% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $535.87m, against the overall value of $679.5m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PAG Asia Capital’s $472m private equity deal with Patties Foods and Vesco Foods
2) The $17.52m asset transaction deal with Xinou and Yashili Dairy (Manashan) Trading by China, Arla Foods and Arla Foods Ingredients
3) create restaurants holdings’s $16.46m acquisition deal with Saint-Germain
4) The $15m venture financing deal with Akshayakalpa Farms and FoodsLtd by British International Investment, Rainmatter Foundation and Venture Dairy
5) HLB Global’s $14.89m acquisition deal for 37% stake in Fresico