Total Food industry cross border deals worth $2.9bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition of S.A. de and Ricolino being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 973.4% over the previous month of $268.32m and a rise of 81.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.59bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 7.69% with 24 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 26 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.71bn in April 2022.
Food industry cross border deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 99.2% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.85bn, against the overall value of $2.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five Food industry cross border deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition deal with S.A. de and Ricolino
2) The $1.1bn private equity of Irca by Advent International
3) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
4) The $29.01m venture financing of Umiami by Astanor Ventures,French Partners,French Tech Seed,Newfund Capital,Redalpine Venture Partners and Verso Capital
5) Humble Group $22.13m acquisition deal with Go Superfoods