Total Food industry venture financing deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in Q2 2022, led by $400m venture financing of Upside Foods, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 17.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 19.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.57bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $704.52m in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $636.68m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q2 2022 was the US with 26 deals, followed by China with 21 and India with nine.
In 2022, at the end of , venture financing deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in Food industry, marking a decrease of 10.5% year on year.
venture financing deals in Food industry in Q2 2022: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals in Food industry accounted for 64.5% of the overall value during Q2 2022.
The combined value of the top five venture financing deals stood at $818m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five Food industry venture financing deals of Q2 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
2) The $250m venture financing of Redefine Meat by Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital
3) Amy Schumer,Carter Comstock,Coefficient Capital,Constellation Capital,Halsey,Highpost Capital,Nasir Jones,Russell Westbrook,Shakira,Siddhi Capital and The Chainsmokers $85m venture financing deal with Magic Spoon
4) The $43m venture financing of Beejapuri Dairy by Elevation Capital (India),IIFL Asset Management,Matrix Partners,Orios Ventures Partners,SWC Global,Temasek Holdings (Private),Trifecta Capital Advisors and Venturi Partners
5) Claridge Food Group,DESJARDINS CAPITAL,Fonds de solidarite FTQ and Investissement Quebec $40m venture financing deal with WeCook Repas