The $400m venture financing of Upside Foods was the Food industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $520.9m were announced globally in April 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 76.2% over the previous month of $295.71m and a rise of 3.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $504.99m.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $452.37m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $441.39m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for Food industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in April 2022 was the China with eight deals, followed by the US with eight and Canada with three.
In 2022, as of April, Food venture financing deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 2.5% year on year.
Food industry venture financing deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five Food industry venture financing deals accounted for 88.05% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five Food venture financing deals stood at $458.64m, against the overall value of $520.9m recorded for the month.
The top five Food industry venture financing deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
2) The $29.01m venture financing of Umiami by Astanor Ventures,French Partners,French Tech Seed,Newfund Capital,Redalpine Venture Partners and Verso Capital
3) JIAYU Capital $11.53m venture financing deal with Nanjing no boundaries Restaurant Management
4) The $10m venture financing of Mid-Day Squares by Alexandre Guertin,Bobby Parrish,Boulder Food Group,Clayton Christopher,David Cynamon,David Meltzer,Dylan Barbour,Elly Truesdell,Gurdeep Prewal,Harlo Entertainment,Mike Fata,Noah Brennan,Peter Burns,Rachel Mansfield and Siddhi Capital
5) BNK Venture Capital,Nau Ib Capital,Ryukyung PSG Asset Management and Strong Ventures $8.1m venture financing deal with Cellmeat
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.