View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
August 7, 2018

Dutch poultry group Plukon completes acquisition of Poland’s L&B Wyrebski

Plukon Food Group, the Dutch poultry business, has completed its acquisition of a majority stake in Polish peer L&B Wyrebski.

Plukon Food Group, the Dutch poultry business, has completed its acquisition of a majority stake in Polish peer L&B Wyrebski.

The deal was originally done in July 2017 but, following competition authority approval, it has only now completed.

The value of the deal was not disclosed. 

According to Polish law firm Magnusson Warsaw, which advised on the deal, the recently completed second stage of the transaction comprised determining the target shareholding and corporate structure of the company, which was achieved through Plukon acquiring shares in the increased share capital of the company. 

Plukon is now the majority shareholder of the company with a 60% stake, while members of the Wyrebski family, who have retained the status of minority shareholders, hold the remaining 40%.

The Polish company’s facilities, located in the country’s central region of Lódzkie, are fitted with a slaughter capacity of about 25,000 tonnes per year. 

The deal fits in with Plukon’s European expansion plans. In late 2016 it reached an agreement to buy French poultry business Duc Group, owner of four production facilities in France and one in Bulgaria.

Plukon has 18 production facilities operating mainly across the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium. 

It sells its products under a number of brands, such as Friki, Fairmast, and Maïski. 

As a result of the newly completed deal, L&B Wyrebski has changed its business name to Plukon Sieradz.

Related Companies

Free Report
img

What’s missing from your IPO industry assessment?

IPO activity all but stopped in 2020, as the investment community grew wary of the effects of COVID-19 on economies. No matter how deserving a business was of flotation, momentum was halted by concerns of when a ‘new normal’ of working patterns and trade would set in. Recently, sentiment has changed. Flotations picked up again during the second half of 2021, and now in 2022 the mood is decidedly optimistic. Business leaders have their eyes on fast rebounding economies, buoyant market indices and the opportunity once again to take their businesses public. As a result, global IPOs are expected to hit back this year. With GlobalData’s new whitepaper, ‘IPOs in Consumer and Retail: 5 must-include elements for your prospectus industry report’, you can explore exactly what is needed in the essential literature. GlobalData’s focus lies in the critical areas to get right:
  • Macroeconomic and demographic environment
  • Consumer context
  • Industry environment
  • Competitive environment
  • Route to market
Interested to learn more about what to include in your IPO Industry Assessment report? Download our free whitepaper.
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

Topics in this article: ,
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every other month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU