Flavourtech’s General Manager, Leon Skaliotis, presents Rob Merrick from Australian Vintage with the Overall Judges Wine of the Show award
Judging of the Mid-Low-No Alcohol Wine Awards (MLNA) has taken place and Gold Sponsors, Flavourtech, are only too happy to announce the Overall Judges’ Wine of Show as Not Guilty Rosé NV from their long-standing customer, Australian Vintage Limited.
The 2023 Mid-Low-No Alcohol Wine Awards, held in Sydney, celebrate reduced-alcohol wines, one of this year’s fastest growing drinks categories worldwide. With last year’s show being the first of its kind in Australia to focus solely on zero-alcohol wines, 2023 saw the reinvigorated awards expand out to new categories of:
- Zero Alcohol (0.00% – 0.49%) – Sparkling, White, Rosé and Red
- Low Alcohol (0.5% – 6.9%) – Sparkling, White, Rosé and Red
- Mid Alcohol (7% – 11%) – Sparkling, White, Rosé and Red
Hosted by Wine Pilot, the awards comprised a two-part judging process, including a formal wine judging which featured a panel of highly credentialed judges including winemaking consultant and MLNA 2023 Chairman Mike DeGaris, Shanteh Wale from the Halliday Wine Companion Tasting Team, Matt Dunne former leading sommelier and Group Wine Ambassador from Joval Wine Group, Owner of One Penny Restaurant and Co-Creator at Lyre’s Spirit Co. David Murphy and Wine Pilot Founder and Publisher Angus Hughson. The second element of the judging process saw the addition of a ‘consumer choice’ event, with invited guests and noise makers in the industry casting their vote on their favourite of the top three wines from each category.
Trophy winners for the best wine in each category included:
- Overall Judges Wine of Show: Not Guilty Rosé NV
- Best Sparkling: Tempus Two Zero Prosecco NV
- Best White: The Doctors’ Riesling 2022
- Best Rosé: Not Guilty Rosé NV
- Best Red: Tread Softly Sangiovese 2021
- Best Mid (7% – 11%): Tread Softly Sangiovese 2021
- Best Low (0.5% – 6.9%): Tempus Two Lighten Up Pinot Noir 2022
- Best Zero (0.00% – 0.49%): Not Guilty Rosé NV
- Overall Consumer Choice Wine of Show: Tread Softly Rosé 2022
As Gold Sponsors, Australian technology manufacturer Flavourtech would like to congratulate these winners and look forward to witnessing the evolution of the reduced-alcohol wine category as it continues to grow in popularity around the world.