Tyson Foods has become the latest US food company to set up an investment fund with the establishment of a venture capital unit that will focus on start-up companies developing "breakthrough" sustainable technologies, business models and products.
US meat giant Tyson Foods has taken a 5% stake in plant-based protein producer Beyond Meat.
A coalition of 40 institutional investors representing US$1.25trn in funds is urging 16 multinational food companies – including Kraft Heinz, Unilever, General Mills and Nestle – to take action on the "material risks" posed by industrial animal production.
Danish family-owned baker Givesco Bakery this week acquired Sweden's Almondy, a move it says will broaden its presence across Europe. Danone became the latest food major to outline commitments on emissions and Maggi noodles returned to shelves in India.
US plant-based protein product maker Beyond Meat has announced further executive appointments, including a new COO and CFO.
Beyond Meat has named Honest Tea founder and CEO Seth Goldman as chairman, while former McDonald's CEO Don Thompson has joined the plant-based protein company's board.
Dairy-free group Daiya Foods and meat-free company Beyond Meat have joined forces to launch a Daiya-branded pizza in the US that is free from dairy, meat, soy and gluten.
US meat-free business Beyond Meat has launched its first vegetarian burger, seeking to emphasise the level of protein in the patty and the fact it is gluten free.
US meat-free products supplier Beyond Meat is to use the latest round of investment in the business to fund production capacity and innovation.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch